Despite the shaky lead up to the games, Rio has exceeded expectations as Olympic host. But there’s just a few things that have made the games slightly laughable. Here’s the good, the bad and the downright ugly.
– Remember the Gymnast who broke his leg? The Paramedics actually dropped him while he was on the stretcher.
Mais noooooooooon…. pic.twitter.com/rO7kahG690
— David Arrieta (@arrietadavid1) August 6, 2016
– A staff member lost the keys to the Olympic stadium, leading to firefighters having to break open the gate with bolt cutters
– The golf course was overrun by rodents
— Austin Hunt (@AustinHunt) August 8, 2016
– 2012 GOLD MEDALIST bellyflops in 3m springboard in qualifiers
– The 50m Freestyle swimming semi-final was delayed because a bus with competitors went to the track and field stadium instead of the pool by accident.
If Carlsberg did org stressors … Rio Olympics: Fran Halsall race delayed after bus mix-up sends her to wrong venue https://t.co/qUCoItfkDX
— Stephen Mellalieu (@SteveMellalieu) August 13, 2016
– Women have shown what incredible athletes they are, after having broken so many records. And yet the media publishes this: