It may not seem like it, what with dissertations and exams looming, but summer is on its way. What better way to distract yourself from the incoming avalanche of work than with some retail therapy?
Browse these tips for how to get the hottest summer wardrobe at the lowest cost.
- Unidays: This service is an absolute god send for students and kind of makes all the massive debt worth it. With discounts of up to 50% at certain at places like ASOS, Missguided, Boohoo American Eagle and Topshop – you can be sure of staying ahead of the curve and out of your overdraft.
- Charity shops – Admittedly, this one requires a bit of graft but charity shops are a great way of sprucing up your wardrobe, since you can often find truly one of a kind pieces for a tiny cost. Plus, the money you spend goes directly to good causes, meaning your new purchases will be enhanced by a charitable glow that no amount of money can replicate.
- Clothes swaps – One man’s trash is another man’s trend. These are a great way of streamlining and updating your wardrobe at no extra cost. Just get together with your most stylish friends, pool all your clothes and swap away!
- NUS Extra cards – for just £12 a year you can get additional discounts for places like Warehouse, Oasis, Lipsy and Fatface.
- If you’re a Lloyds bank customer, be sure to sign up to the cashback scheme which gives you up to 20% cashback just for using your Lloyds credit or debit card in certain stores. Previous participants have included New Look, Boux Avenue and All Saints. Those new jeans will basically pay for themselves.
- Vintage kilo sales – If you haven’t already heard of the vintage kilo sale, get to know. The premise is simple, pay an entry fee for one of the fairs across the country, then bag yourself up to a kilo of clothing of your choosing. Judy’s Vintage Fairs are a great and cost effective way of obtaining amazing one-a-kind pieces, without breaking the bank.
- Student Beans – This is a service similar to UNIdays and between the two of them, they pretty much get all the major stores covered. A Student Beans account will get you a discount at places like Dorothy Perkins and Burton. They also cover a few of the more high-end brands including Ted Baker, Hunter and Crew.
There you have it, a few quick ways you can save money on your summer wardrobe. Now back to work.