Exams are over, summer has truly kicked off, and that can only mean one thing: Love Island is back gracing our television screens for another year.
For those of us who’ve got into Love Island in a BIG way (guilty as charged), the next few weeks of both our TV and our conversations are sorted.
But for those of you who haven’t yet discovered the delights of Love Island, let me fill you in on some of its pearls of wisdom. Here are 10 things that Love Island can teach us about love and life in 2017:
Obviously, if you’ve not watched it yet, major SPOILER alert!
1) Being dumped never stops being hard and can come out of nowhere
Jess and Mike being dumped from the island was a major shocker, and Dom looked pretty crushed. Although a little birdie tells me that he might just get over it: the big question is, if he loved Jess so much, why didn’t he walk out of the island?
2) If you don’t have a cup to put your smoothie in, no worries: you can store your gorgeous smoothie using only your mouth (ew)
This was definitely the most disgusting challenge I’ve ever seen on Love Island: mouth to mouth fruit exchange is not the one.
3) Having principles is really important, and you should stick by them
The argument between Jonny and Camilla over feminism was really hard to watch, but she did the right thing sticking to her guns. Feminism needs a good representative on TV, as there’s so much rubbish spoken about it.
4) Sometimes you really do get a second chance at love
Jonny and Camilla’s date made us all smile like Cheshire cats. They are so cute together, let’s hope they manage to stay together and don’t get into another argument.
5) It’s okay to play the long game in love
Gabby and Marcel are such a strong couple and he waited for weeks before he found the right girl. #worththewait (Although, to be fair, he did admit to sleeping with 200-300 girls when he was in the Blazing Squad, so he’s had his fill!)
Edit: What happened???
6) If in doubt: just sit back, grab some food and watch the drama
Montana has it absolutely sorted in the island this year. Keep an eye on her during scenes of tension, and you’ll notice that she’s always eating something. Her having an in-depth conversation with Chris about his love life while eating a carrot was a particularly strong moment.
7) If there are rumours that you’ve been involved with Prince Harry, there are classy ways of talking about it on national telly
Camilla is such a babe: when asked by Sam about the rumours, she told him, ‘a lady never tells.’ Classy as ever!
8) On the other hand, if you were in the Blazing Squad, you have to make sure you tell everyone (even if they’ve never heard of the band…)
9) If you like someone, make sure you graft them (translation: work at getting them to sleep with you), but not too much.
Tyne-Lexy was super cute, but she just came on a bit too strong for the boys in the island. Maybe asking them if they like cats the first time she met them was a bit much.
10) And finally, most importantly, you really can pop balloons with your arse if you’re good enough at twerking. I bet you’d always wondered.
If you fancy getting in on the hype, it’s not too late. Don’t worry guys: there are still 4 more weeks of island fun to catch up on. It’s on every night (except Saturdays) at 9pm on ITV2.